Two special golf events, as well as special seasonal “stay and play” packages, are being offered by various resort, golf course and accommodation partners of Charleston Golf Inc., the marketing cooperative that represents hospitality industry professionals throughout the area. Coupling premier accommodations with memorable and challenging courses, these four packages are perfect for those seeking an early 2015 escape, amateur tournament play or even an unforgettable round with a noted chef from Charleston’s award-winning culinary community.
Kiawah Island’s ninth annual Friendship Cup
Male amateur players can compete in teams of two in Kiawah Island’s ninth annual Friendship Cup, set for March 5-8, with package rates starting at $1,409 per person, based on double occupancy. The package includes:
• Three nights’ accommodations at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
• Entry into the ninth annual Friendship Cup including two rounds of golf at Kiawah Island’s Ocean Course and Turtle Point Golf Course
• Nightly receptions including a Lowcountry oyster roast and barbeque at Mingo Point on Friday and Saturday celebration in the Grand Oaks Ballroom
• Complimentary breakfasts
• Friendship Cup gift basket
Wine + Food Festival Chef’s Golf Classic
On Sunday, March 8, players will get the chance to play, eat and drink their way through one of the most memorable rounds they have ever played when Patriot’s Point Golf Links hosts the 2015 Wine + Food Festival’s Chef’s Golf Classic. Playing alongside one of Charleston’s many talented chefs, players will enjoy pop-up cocktail bars and gourmet food stations as they compete over the Patriot’s Point layout that sits directly on Charleston Harbor, providing sweeping views of the historic port city, Fort Sumter and the Atlantic Ocean beyond.
In addition to tournament entry fees, the $500-per-person package includes:
• Ticket to the 2015 Charleston Wine + Food Festival’s Festival Finale, TOASTED
• Ticket to the 2015 Charleston Wine + Food Festival’s Sunday Culinary Village
Lowcounty Links Layouts
With this package, golfers can experience three rounds on three different Lowcountry courses while enjoying waterfront accommodations, all of just $155 per person, per weekday, based on double occupancy. The “Triple L” package includes:
• Three night’s accommodations at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront
• Three rounds of golf at Legend Oaks, Patriot's Point Links and The Links at Stono Ferry
Historic District & Resort Sampler
In true “town and country” fashion, this package gives Charleston area visitors an opportunity to enjoy both the charm and history of one of America’s best preserved cities, as well as spectacular golf courses at three of the game’s leading resorts. From your hotel in the heart of the historic district, you’ll be just a short and scenic drive from any one of three beautiful barrier islands that line the Lowcountry coast, where six different courses await. Sampler packages start at $290 per person, per weekday, based on double occupancy, and include:
• Four nights’ accommodations at the Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown
• Four rounds of golf. You choose from two courses at Kiawah Island Golf Resort (Cougar Point or Oak Point), Seabrook Island (Ocean Winds or Crooked Oaks) and Wild Dunes Resort on the Isle of Palms (Wild Dunes Links or Harbor Course).
For more information about or to make reservations for any of these stay and play packages, call 800-774-4444 or visit www.charlestongolfguide.com.